Writing an analytical essay is easier than it seems at first glance if you remember the definition of analysis. In simple terms, an analysis is breaking up a complex issue into components to gain a deeper understanding of separate parts and the whole. Using critical thinking and a dash of creativity, you can turn even the dullest of problems into a riveting analysis essay.
Most professors assign analytical papers on movies, books, speeches, or other media types. However, if you get the freedom to choose the issue to discuss, there are limitless possibilities. Before we guide you through our top picks, remember to select the topic that will interest you, your professor, and your classmates.
Social Analysis Essay Topics
It takes one look around to find an exciting issue for your paper. Check your social media feeds for trending problems or turn on the news. Here is our take on analysis options for current social trends:
- Consider the reasons behind the immigration crisis.
- Analyze the negative impact of refugees on local communities.
- Discuss the ongoing changes in gender roles across different societies.
- Evaluate the impact of the longer lifespan on society.
- Dissect the premise for one of the ongoing armed conflicts.
- Investigate the popularity of tattoos and piercings across generations.
- Explore the shift towards online communication from face-to-face interactions.
- Review the current social tensions and their causes.
- Assess gender inequality still present in professional circles.
- Break down the reasons behind the crisis in education.
Even if you don’t watch the news, you are bound to hear about the President’s latest stunt or new outrageous bills passed into laws. Instead of joining the crowds of trolls online, direct your energy towards analysis, and you’ll get a beautiful essay.
- Dissect the benefits and drawbacks of nationalism.
- Analyze the best speech from the latest Presidential campaign.
- Explore the differences between American and European democracies.
- Assess the reasons behind the ongoing presence of monarchies.
- Evaluate the impact of outdated laws on your everyday life.
- Review the critical components of an election campaign.
- Consider the advantages of anarchy compared to democracy.
- Investigate the evolution of the President’s Twitter.
- Discuss the importance of the right to vote in the citizen’s life.
- Break down the wrong strategy chosen by the party that lost the last election.
Analytical Essay Topics on Personality
While humans are social beings, every one of us is a special snowflake. In your paper, you can study what makes people around you tick, and how their experiences influence their actions. It’s an interdisciplinary study on the edge of sociology and psychology.
- Break down the reasoning behind the rebellious teenage phase.
- Consider the effect of the broken home on a child’s personality.
- Explore the common causes and repercussions of severe phobias.
- Discuss the differences between identical twins.
- Investigate what sets successful business people apart from the competition.
- Evaluate the accuracy of online personality tests.
- Assess the influence of the psychological trauma on children’s behavior.
- Dissect the characteristics of a genius.
- Analyze the components that make up the willpower.
- Review the strategies for nurturing healthy habits.
Analytical Essay on Health
Even if you do not study Medicine or Nursing in college, your paper can discuss the problems of health on a national or personal scale. You don’t have to go into technical details unless your major requires it.
- Analyze the efficacy of alternative healing techniques, like art therapy or chiropractic.
- Review the downsides of the current health insurance system.
- Investigate the Big Pharma plot to overmedicate us.
- Evaluate your latest experience with nurses and doctors.
- Discuss the benefits of having a family doctor willing to make house calls.
- Explore the foreign public health systems.
- Break down the debate around children’s vaccination.
- Dissect the necessity of the extensive first aid training.
- Consider the dangers of home births for mother and child.
- Assess the consequences of doctors breaking patient confidentiality.
Youth Essay Topics
If you are looking for the easiest and most exciting analytical essay topics, look around. Write about what you know best, and your paper will be done in a few short hours. Your struggles, problems, and issues will finally be heard.
- Break down the social, economic, and psychological reasons for bullying.
- Review the influence of TV, social media, or gaming on teenagers.
- Discuss your college expectations and compare them to reality.
- Analyze the lack of motivation for studying among the youth.
- Explore the conflicts between parents and teenagers.
- Dissect the teenagers’ need for independence and their parents’ reluctance to provide it.
- Evaluate your high school experience.
- Investigate the problem of alcohol and drug addiction among the youth.
- Assess the teenagers’ rights and obligations in a school context.
- Consider the motivation and reasoning of college dropouts.
Analytical Essay Topics on Crime
With reports of bombings, gang wars, and murders streaming from every news outlet, it’s impossible to ignore the crime and its influence on everyone’s lives. Crime analysis essay topics are not for the faint-hearted, so be sure you are ready for the gory details before you delve into research.
- Investigate the rituals and traditions holding gangs together.
- Explore the differences between government and private prisons.
- Review the crime rates over the last decade and make a forecast.
- Analyze the possible ways to lower crime rates.
- Dissect the jury system and emphasize its benefits and shortcomings.
- Evaluate the rise in police brutality and its causes.
- Review possible preventative measures to stop murders and acts of terror.
- Break down the reasons young people join gangs.
- Consider the fine line between security and privacy infringement.
- Assess the ways to reintegrate ex-convicts into society.
Essay Topic Ideas on Nature
This set of analytical essay topics is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts, vegetarians, and ecologically conscious students. You can pick any issue to discuss, from the ever-looming global warming to animal testing and alternative energy sources.
- Consider the negative impact of household cleaning products on the environment.
- Evaluate the necessity of animal testing and possible alternatives.
- Assess the correlation between smog and allergy rates.
- Review the drawbacks of alternative energy sources.
- Analyze the ways to promote full-scale recycling.
- Break down the ecological impact of your household.
- Dissect the causes for the accelerating pace of the extinction of species.
- Explore the solutions for cleaning the oceans from waste.
- Investigate the atmospheric discharges of local manufacturers.
- Discuss practical ways everyone can make a positive environmental impact.
Historical Analysis Essay Topics
Watching the news and analyzing current events is not for everybody. If you prefer to rely on hard facts and evidence, consider historical topics. Go back in time to your favorite period and country, be it Ancient Egypt or Renaissance Italy, and explore.
- Analyze the causes of British colonization efforts.
- Consider the impact of slavery on US history.
- Discuss Australia’s evolution from a penal colony into a state.
- Investigate the causes of epidemics in the Middle Ages.
- Evaluate the effects of the invention of gunpowder on history.
- Assess the constant conflicts between Britain and France.
- Break down the phases of World War II.
- Dissect the conditions that allowed Hitler’s rise to power.
- Explore China’s evolution from an empire to a communist state.
- Review the turning points of the 20th-century history of the USA.
Literature Essay Ideas
Literary analysis is the most common topic for these papers. Instead of summarizing the book, remember to break it down and analyze the parts. The issues we provide in the list are applicable for most books.
- Explore the antagonist’s motivation and raison d’être.
- Analyze the book’s historical context and its reflection in the narration.
- Break down the author’s background and its influence on his or her writing.
- Investigate the writer’s inspiration and hidden meanings.
- Review the most potent literary devices used by the author.
- Consider the book’s significance and influence on other writers.
- Discuss the settings and background and how they support the storyline.
- Evaluate the mood of the story and its effect on your emotional state.
- Dissect the writer’s main idea.
- Assess the efficiency of foreshadowing in the book.
Essays on Movies
If you are a self-proclaimed movie critic, you never miss an episode of your favorite TV show or a movie theater premiere; these topics are ideal for you. Write about what you know and love, and the professor will acknowledge your passion with a high grade.
- Dissect your favorite children’s show and its impact on your life.
- Evaluate the differences between a book and its movie adaptation.
- Analyze the impact of horror movies on kids’ psychology.
- Discuss the artistic value of TV shows.
- Consider the effects of long-lasting roles on TV show actors’ lives and careers.
- Break down the success factors of the Game of Thrones of the Big Bang Theory.
- Assess the reasons Marvel movies have become so popular.
- Review the negative impact endless sequels have on the movie industry.
- Investigate the financial aspect of the movie-making.
- Explore the different incarnations of an iconic character, like Sherlock Holmes.
Don’t get overwhelmed with a variety of topics. Our professional writers can help you make the right choice, create an outline, and complete the paper in just a few short hours. Contact us, if you need help with your paper!